Canadian Patient Safety Week is October 23-27, 2023!
The following content has been adapted from Healthcareexcellece.ca
Canadian Patient Safety Week runs from October 23-27. This year’s focus is on exploring a new approach to patient safety, grounded in learning and acting to create safer care and reducing unintended physical and psychological harms, including those caused by culturally unsafe care.
As one of the most accessible frontline health professions, BC’s pharmacy professionals are perfectly positioned to implement and champion new approaches to patient safety.
Canadian Patient Safety Week strongly aligns with the College’s recent efforts toward addressing the impacts of Indigenous-specific and other forms of discrimination on access to health care and ultimately health outcomes.
We encourage registrants to use this opportunity to explore this new approach to build upon their existing practices and incorporate complementary strategies for providing welcoming, culturally-safe environments where patient needs can be met.
Register for Canadian Patient Safety Week 2023!
CPSW is for everyone involved in delivering or receiving care. Let’s talk about how we can be curious, collaborative and proactive to co-create safer care and reduce all forms of healthcare harm together.
- Safety and quality leads can explore how to inform, inspire and implement change at their organization
- Healthcare providers can explore how to use the new approach with care teams including those receiving care.
- Patients, residents, clients & caregivers can explore how to use the new approach to advocate for and participate in safer care.
- Healthcare leaders and workers can explore how the new approach can contribute to safer care in their organizations.
After you’ve registered, you can:
- Order free print materials for your organization
- Register for our webinars exploring the new approach
- Receive future updates on resources and activities
- Access the exclusive registrants-only fireside chat
How to participate in CPSW 2023
Organized by Healthcare Excellence Canada, Canadian Patient Safety Week is an annual campaign to inspire extraordinary improvements in healthcare safety and quality. Here are some ways you will be able to participate:
- Have a CPSW booth, display, meeting or event at your organization
- Put up posters and hand out materials
- Take part in webinars that explore the new approach to safer care and how it can help address day-to-day and broader systemic challenges
- Read the Rethinking Patient Safety discussion guide
- Learn about our upcoming action series and how you can participate
- Download activities that facilitate conversations about safer care
- Use our communications toolkit to engage your networks in this important conversation
About Healthcare Excellence Canada
Launched in 2021, Healthcare Excellence Canada brings together the Canadian Patient Safety Institute and Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement. Healthcare Excellence Canada is an independent, not-for-profit charity funded primarily by Health Canada.
Healthcare Excellence Canada focuses on improving care of older adults, bringing care closer to home with safe transitions, and supporting pandemic recovery and resilience – with safety and quality embedded across all their efforts. They’re committed to fostering inclusive and equitable care through meaningful partnerships with different groups, including patients and caregivers, First Nations, Inuit and Métis, healthcare providers and more.
Join Us in This Journey to Safer Care
Being part of the new approach to safer care and reducing all forms of harm is an exciting journey. We hope you will participate October 23–27, 2023 and beyond. Together, we can make an even bigger difference every day.
For more details, and to register, visit the CPSW 2023 website.