Change of Operating Name or External Signage Name
Pursuant to section 4.1(3) of the Pharmacy Operations and Drug Scheduling Act a direct owner must give the registrar 30 days' written notice of any changes respecting the name of the pharmacy.
- Apply for a Change of Operating Name or External Signage Name
An authorized representative of the direct owner of the pharmacy must submit the following no later than 30 days before the effective date of change:
- PODSA Form 8E: Application for Operating Name or External Signage Name;
- For a Change of Operating name, also submit:
- A copy of the pharmacy’s business licence reflecting the new operating name*;
- For a Change of External Signage Name, also submit:
- A photo or a digital mock-up of the new external signage; and
- A copy of a prescription label that includes the new external signage name.
*if available at the time when the change application is submitted. Otherwise, it must be submitted before the effective date of change.
Allow for up to 7 days for processing.
The authorized representative named in the application will receive a confirmation letter by email upon completion of the change application. The College will also notify Health Insurance BC (HIBC) of the Ministry of Health of this change.
A new pharmacy licence with the new operating name and/or the new external signage name will be issued to the direct owner upon completion of the Change of Operating Name or External Signage Name application. The new pharmacy licence can be found on the pharmacy portal on eServices on the next business day after the effective date (or the approved date should any requirements be missing).
Note: that this change process and requirements are specific to change of operating name or external signage name only. Should other changes accompany this change (e.g. change in direct owner/manager/layout/ location), a separate application for that particular change will also be required. See the Multiple Changes section in the Pharmacy Licensure Guide for more information.
Refer to the Pharmacy Licensure Guide for more information.