Pharmacy Licence Renewals
All pharmacy licences must be renewed on an annual basis. The licence expiry date can be found on the pharmacy licence. A pharmacy must renew their pharmacy before the licence expiry date otherwise they are in contravention of the Pharmacy Operations and Drug Scheduling Act which will result in immediate closure of the pharmacy.
An email notification will be sent to all of the authorized representatives of the pharmacy approximately 75 days (i.e. 2 ½ months) before the pharmacy licence expires.
All requirements must be submitted online no later than 30 days before the pharmacy licence expires.
Renewals are completed online through eServices by following the steps below:
- Apply for Pharmacy Licence Renewal
An authorized representative of the direct owner must submit the following upon receipt of the renewal notice:
- Application for Pharmacy Licence Renewal and licence fee;
- One of the following documents from the direct owner and all their parent companies (if any) if they are a B.C. incorporated, non-publicly traded corporation:
- Business licence , ,  of each pharmacy due for renewal.
Use this checklist to help you identify all required documents.
To learn how to submit these requirements on eServices, refer to the eServices Tutorial for Pharmacy Licensure section in the Pharmacy Licensure Guide.
Allow up to 14 days for processing.
- Submit Proof of Eligibility (Attestation and Criminal Record History)
The manager and all direct/indirect owners (individuals) in the College’s records will receive instructions via email (at the same time the renewal notice is sent) to submit their Proof of Eligibility through their eServices account under the My Profile tab.
Proof of Eligibility from all applicable individuals must be submitted no later than 30 days before the licence expiry date. Instructions will be provided if a Criminal Record History (CRH) is required. It will take up to 7 days to process a CRH result.
All authorized representatives of a pharmacy will receive a confirmation letter via email upon completion of the pharmacy licence renewal application.
A new pharmacy licence will be issued to the direct owner upon completion of the Pharmacy Licence Renewal application. The new pharmacy licence can be found on the pharmacy portal on eServices once all requirements have been met, even if it occurs before the effective date.
- If the authorized representative of the direct owner of an existing pharmacy does not have the business licence of the pharmacy readily available when completing the Pharmacy Licence Renewal application, he/she may delegate the upload of the business licence to the manager. The authorized representative of the direct owner will be responsible for communicating this delegation to the manager and ensuring the business licence of the pharmacy is uploaded by the manager on eServices no later than 30 days before the pharmacy licence expires.
- If the pharmacy is located in a jurisdiction that does not issue a business licence, upload a letter or correspondence from the jurisdiction which confirms that they do not issue business licences.
- A business licence is not required for pharmacies that are owned by a hospital, a health authority or an education site.