Connect with us on Social Media
Moderation Policy, Hours of Operation, Collection Notice, Complaints and Disclaimers
Your participation in our discussions is welcome and we look forward to an active exchange of ideas. We encourage you to share your comments and we expect comments to follow the conventions of polite discourse. We will engage with and respond to many comments, but will not necessarily reply to every comment.
College of Pharmacists of British Columbia moderators will not tolerate comments that are offensive (to an individual or organization) or harassing in their approach. We also reserve the right to edit our posts for clarification or remove comments that abuse the following conditions:
- contain abusive, obscene, indecent or offensive language
- include defamatory, abusive, harassing or hateful remarks
- make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations
- constitute spam, promote services or products (are advertising in their approach)
- invade anyone’s privacy or impersonates anyone
- are far off-topic or deviate from the flow of polite debate and discussion
- are posted without the necessary rights, licences and consents
- encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- contain long embedded URLs
- contain excessive links or contain code
- identify any publicly-elected representative or candidate regardless of their political affiliation, whether those comments are supportive or critical
- are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Users who repeatedly and/or purposefully post comments that violate the above policies in any way may be prevented from accessing College social media and engagement channels at the discretion of the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia moderators.
As a member of Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Twitter and YouTube, we also adhere to their published policies.
Hours of Operation
Our social media channels are moderated Monday to Friday, 8:00 am- 4:00 pm PST. It’s also checked periodically on evenings and weekends. If you have an inquiry that requires immediate attention please direct it to: [email protected].
Social Media Collection Notice
The personal information you post may be collected by the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia under s.26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public. Please be aware that any information collected may be stored and/or accessed outside of Canada on servers not belonging to the government. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include any personal information including phone numbers and email addresses in the body of your comment. Please do not share personal information about others, including pictures.
If you want to raise a concern or a complaint about something posted on a page that the College of Pharmacists of BC is responsible for, you can email us at [email protected].
The College’s posts, comments, and replies are not exhaustive. You should consult the College of Pharmacists of BC directly at [email protected] or 1-800-633-1940 for more detailed information.