On November 21, 2014, the following amended College Bylaws came into force. The amendments to the Health Professions Act bylaws focus on the establishment of the Practice Review Committee, updates to the Quality Assurance Committee and minor changes to the requirements on a prescription.
The proposed amendments were available on the College website for public comment beginning on June 26, 2014 for a period of 90 days as required by law.
Summary of amendments that are in effect:
- Section 15.1 Practice Review Committee – new section added to establish the composition, relationships and authority of the Practice Review Committee
- Section 20 Committee Panels – amended to include the newly established Practice Review Committee and a minor amendment to the panel size
- Section 55 Quality Assurance Program – amended by removing structure of the previous assessment component
- Section 56 Continuing Professional Development – renamed and amended by adding structure of the Continuing Professional Development component of the program as set out in section 55
- Section 56.1 Assessment of Professional Performance – new section added to establish the structure of the Assessment of Professional Performance component of the program as set out in section 55
HPA Bylaws, Schedule F, Part 1 – Community Pharmacy Standards of Practice:
- Section 6 Prescription subsections (2) and (4) – amendments made to information required on a prescription
HPA Bylaws, Schedule F, Part 3 – Residential Care Facilities and Homes Standards of Practice:
- Section 6 Prescription Authorizations subsection (8) – amendments made to information required on a prescription