Pharmacy Applications

I am relocating my pharmacy, when can I operate in the new location?

The Change of Location application must be completed before the pharmacy can operate in a new location. Pursuant to section 6(1)(b) of the Pharmacy Operations and Drug Scheduling Act, a pharmacy licence is cancelled if the location of the pharmacy changes. If the new location is open before a new licence is issued by the College, the pharmacy will be operating unlawfully.

The College recently completed an inspection at my pharmacy and identified that there was a Change in Layout of the pharmacy which was not reported to the College. What process should I follow to rectify this?

Pursuant to section 4.1(3) of the Pharmacy Operations and Drug Scheduling Act, a Direct Owner must give the Registrar 30 days' written notice of any changes respecting the layout of the pharmacy.

To comply with this provision, you must complete and submit the following to the Licensure Department by email at

My pharmacy will be undergoing multiple changes in the near future (e.g. I am changing the operating name and the layout of a pharmacy). What should I do?

If your pharmacy is undergoing multiple changes, you must submit all appropriate change applications. For example, a pharmacy that is planning to undergo renovations and is also changing the pharmacy name would submit both a Change of Layout application as well as a Change of Operating Name application. Note that applications have different notification periods and processing times which should be adhered to.

How do I submit a Change of Manager application? As the pharmacy manager can I submit the change request?

A Change of Manager application must be submitted through eServices by one of the Authorized Representative(s) of the pharmacy. The current pharmacy manager will not have access to make this change (unless they are also an Authorized Representative of the pharmacy). A manager change request must be submitted at least 7 days before the effective date to allow the new manager time to complete his/her Proof of Eligibility (attestation and Criminal Record History). The manager change will not be completed until the College receives the new manager’s Proof of Eligibility.