Contacting the College about a Complaint
Before you Contact the College
If you have a concern about the care you received from a pharmacist or pharmacy technician, the best place to start is to speak directly with that person about your concern. Simple miscommunications are often at the root of many complaints, and although it may be difficult, a face-to-face discussion is often the best way to resolve an issue.
If you are unable to resolve the concern with the pharmacist or pharmacy technician, please let the College know.
The College takes all complaints seriously. We review each complaint to determine the best approach to resolve the issue.
How to Contact the College About a Concern
Contact the College's Complaints Line
Contact the College at 1.877.330.0967 or 778.330.0967
Leave a Message
Leave a message with your full name and number, a brief description of your concern, and preferred contact time.
We will Connect with You to Discuss the Concern
A Complaints Officer will return your call within 3 business days to discuss your concern. This is an important step in learning more about the issue.
We will work with You to Resolve Your Concern
After learning more about your concern and discussing with you the best approach to resolving the issue, the Complaints Officer may:
- Informally resolve your concern;
- Refer your concern to the appropriate entity;
- Request that you provide a formal, written complaint.
The College assesses each call individually. A complaint is appropriate for investigation if it concerns any of the following:
- a contravention of Health Professions Act, the regulations or the bylaws;
- a conviction for an indictable offence;
- a failure to comply with a standard, limit or condition imposed under this act;
- professional misconduct or unprofessional conduct;
- competence to practise the designated health profession;
- a physical or mental ailment, an emotional disturbance or an addiction to alcohol or drugs that impairs his or her ability to practise the designated health profession.