New to Practice (minimum requirement - CCAPP Accredited Program)
- Pre-register with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
Please allow at least 20 business days for processing.
Checklist for Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician - New to Practice
Application for Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician - New to Practice
Note: the application processing time is due to the criminal record check (CRC) process which can take at least 20 business days. If adjudication or fingerprinting is required for the CRC, then the processing time will be further extended.
A notarized affidavit is required if your name is not the same on all identification submitted or you cannot provide the supporting documents for the name differences. See Related Resources below for a sample.
- Successfully complete the Pharmacy Technician Structured Practical Training (SPT) program
SPT Information Guide
SPT Application Form
This is valid for 3 years from the completion date.
Complete the following UBC online courses for WorkSafeBC Requirements and submit with your SPT application form:
- Preventing and Addressing Workplace Bullying & Harassment Training
- Workplace Safety Orientation (Safety for Young & New Workers)
- Successfully complete the Jurisprudence Examination (JE)
JE Information Guide
Online Registration: eServices
- Exam Date: October 23, 2017
- Registration Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Results Released: 1 month after exam - sent via Canada Post
JE Orientation Presentation (mp4) (mp3)
Note: Effective July 26, 2016 (subsequent to the production of the audio/podcast files above), it is now within the scope of nurse practitioner practice to prescribe, compound, administer or dispense controlled drugs and substances in accordance with the standards, limits and conditions set by the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
Drug Schedule - provided at exam
Results are valid for 3 years from the test date.
- Successfully complete the PEBC Pharmacy Technician Qualifying Exam – Part I (MCQ) and Part II (OSPE)
Visit the PEBC website for more information.
- Apply to be a full registered pharmacy technician
If paying by credit card, please allow 5 business days for processing. However, if paying by cheque please allow 10 – 12 business days for processing.
Professional Liability Insurance - all 3 criteria listed in the professional liability insurance section are required for registration.
You're now a fully registered pharmacy technician. The College will send you a confirmation notice and issue a certificate of registration. You may access your registration card through eServices. Registration must be renewed annually. You will receive an email reminder six weeks before your renewal deadline.