The College’s Professional Development and Assessment Program (PDAP) Portal is now available through an easy to use mobile app.
About the College’s Professional Development and Assessment Program
All pharmacists and pharmacy technicians must participate in professional development activities each year to ensure they continue to provide safe and effective care.
The College’s Quality Assurance Program requires registered pharmacy professionals to complete a minimum of 15 hours of continuing education each year, including a minimum of 5 hours of accredited learning, documented on a minimum of 6 learning records.
The College ensures pharmacy professionals meet the continuing education requirements through the Professional Development and Assessment Program (PDAP).
Learn more about the College’s Professional Development and Assessment Program and at bcpharmacists.org/professional-development-and-assessment-program-pdap
Pharmacists and pharmacist technicians can now submit their continuing education learning records through the PDAP-Portal within the College’s secure eServices website or through the new PDAP Mobile app.
PDAP Mobile is a mobile app that allows pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to easily enter, edit and submit their required continuing education learning records through their mobile phone or device.
At a professional development conference or course? This app makes it easy to document your learning in real time.
PDAP Mobile is compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
Use the download links above or search “PDAP Mobile” in the Apple App Store or Google App Market to download the app.
How to Use PDAP Mobile
To login in to PDAP Mobile, open the app on your mobile device, then enter your eServices username and password into the corresponding fields.
Once logged in, you will see your profile which will include the following information:
- Your current renewal year, status and deadline,
- A summary of your learning records in PDAP Mobile,
- A summary of your learning records on the PDAP Portal (desktop)*
To create new learning records, or view your saved drafts and pending uploads/submissions, scroll to the bottom of the welcome screen.
* Learning records started on the PDAP Portal in eServices, can only be accessed through the PDAP Portal in eServices – they are not accessible through PDAP Mobile.
Creating and Managing Your Learning Records
To create a new learning record, navigate to the Main Menu at the bottom of the welcome screen and tap “Create new learning record”. You may also create a new learning record by using the identical icon at the top of the screen.
This will open a new learning record.
Complete your learning record by entering relevant information into the corresponding fields.
Creating Learning Records
Learning Records are completed in the same way whether you are using PDAP Mobile or through the PDAP Portal in eServices.
Learn more about how to complete Learning Records with the PDAP Portal Tutorial.
Attaching a photo
It is mandatory to upload supporting documentation for accredited learning. Retain all original supporting documentation for at least 2 years from your registration renewal deadline.
To demonstrate completion of accredited learning hours, accredited programs will issue a document that indicate the registrant’s name, date of completion, the number of accredited hours assigned, and identify the accrediting body (such as UBC CPPD, CCCEP, ACPE, MAINPRO, etc.).
PDAP Mobile allows you to upload images of these statements and attach them to your learning records.
This can be done in one of two ways:
- Allowing PDAP Mobile to access your smartphone’s camera app to photograph the required documentation, or
- Selecting an image already stored in your smartphone’s photo library and uploading it to the app.
To take a picture using PDAP Mobile, scroll down to the bottom of the learning record and tap “Take Picture.”
- When prompted, allow PDAP Mobile to access your camera by tapping “OK” in the box provided.
To select an existing image from your smartphone’s photo library, scroll down to the bottom of the learning record and tap “Select Picture”
- When prompted, allow PDAP Mobile to access your photos by tapping “OK” in the box provided.
- Attach the photo you want to use to your learning record by tapping “Use Photo”.
Once you have created your learning record, you can choose to:
- Save a draft of the Learning Record to PDAP Mobile – This allows you to continue to access and edit the Learning Record through the app.
- Upload the Learning Record to the PDAP Portal – This sends the Learning Record to the PDAP Portal. You will only be able to access, edit and submit the Learning Record through the PDAP Portal in eServices. It will no longer be accessible through PDAP Mobile.
- Submit the Learning Record to the College – This sends the Learning Record to the College. The Learning Record will no longer be editable through either PDAP Mobile or the PDAP portal on eServices.
To access and manage your saved drafts and pending uploads or submissions within PDAP Mobile, return to the Main Menu and tap “View your saved drafts and pending uploads/submits.” You can also use the icon at the top of the screen.
Your Profile and Sign Out
To view your profile or sign out of PDAP Mobile, return to the Main Menu and tap “View your app profile or sign out.” You can also use the identical icon at the top of the screen.
This will take you to your profile page, as well as provide you access to the PDAP Portal and the College website at the bottom of the page. This is also where you will find the “Sign Out” button.
Contact our Professional Development Department
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the College’s Professional Development Department at ProDev@bcpharmacists.org or (604) 733-2440 ext. 390.