- BC Health Guide is a service sponsored by the B.C. Government providing reliable, accurate health information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To get more in-depth information, call the B.C. HealthGuide NurseLine in the lower mainland 604.215.4700 or toll-free within B.C. 866.215.4700. For the deaf or hearing-impaired, call toll-free province-wide: 866.TTY.4700.
BC First Nations Health Handbook - a companion document to the BC HealthGuide.
- Crisis Line - in the lower mainland call 604.872.3311, 24 hours a day, everyday.
- Drug and Poison Information Centre. If you suspect someone has been poisoned by medicines, chemicals or other substances immediately call BC Poison Control Centre in the lower mainland 604.682.5050 or toll-free 800.567.8911.
- Emergency Contraception Hot Line 888.Not.2.late, provides names and phone numbers of pharmacies (who have registered) who can provide emergency contraception.
- Medication Info UBC is a drug information service for the public. In the lower mainland 604.822.8010; toll-free 800.668.6233.
- Ministry of Health offers a list of toll-free information lines.
- Vancouver Coastal Health Travel Clinic