Student Pharmacist [UBC Pharmacy Student (4th Year)]
This webpage is for 4th year UBC pharmacy students who are planning to apply as a full pharmacist after graduation.
If you are going into first year pharmacy school at UBC, you must register as a student pharmacist with the College prior to the start of your first year. See these pages for details instead: New Pharmacy Student and UBC Pharmacy Student.
If you are going into 2nd, 3rd or 4th year, you must renew your student pharmacist registration with the College prior to the start of each new school year. See this page for details instead: Registration Renewal
Full Pharmacist Registration Process Overview (for UBC Student Pharmacists)
Student (UBC) pharmacists may begin completing the required assessments for Full Pharmacist registration in the last year of the pharmacy program. Once all the requirements are complete, the application for Full Pharmacist registration may be submitted.
- Graduated from the pharmacy program at UBC*;
- Registered as a student pharmacist with the College; and
- Successfully completed all the required assessments listed below.
*Graduates must complete registration as a Full Pharmacist before December 31st of your graduating year. Otherwise, you will be required to pre-register in the Canadian Universities (Non-UBC) category prior to being able to register as a Full Pharmacist.
The following assessments must be successfully completed before applying for Full Pharmacist registration:
- College of Pharmacists of BC Jurisprudence Exam
- Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Certification
Note: you will not have access to apply for Full Pharmacist registration online before successfully completing all the required assessments.
UBC students who registered with the College in their 1st year using the paper application form must also use the paper application to apply for Full Pharmacist registration. Please do not use the online system:
UBC students who completed the online student registration process in their 1st year, can continue to use the online system to apply for Full Pharmacist registration.
To apply for Full Pharmacist Registration, complete the following steps:
- Apply online through eServices
- Log onto your eServices account
- Click on the “Apply for Full Registration” button
- Review and complete information online
- Make payment with credit card online
- Mail the following documents to the College (if applicable):
- Updated letter of standing sent directly from each of your previous regulatory bodies, if you have been registered in a health profession in any other jurisdiction. If you were registered elsewhere but you are unable to provide a letter of standing, you must submit a notarized affidavit (use the sample affidavit template).
Updated notarized copy of evidence of your authorization to work in Canada if your authorization to work has expired (i.e. updated work permit, updated PR card).
Once your application is complete, a notification email will be sent to the email address which you used to register for your eServices account. Ensure your email address under the “My Profile” tab on eServices is up-to-date. Add the College’s email addresses to the Safe Sender List if necessary.
Registration is valid for 12 months and must be renewed through eServices annually before the expiry date. An email notification will be sent to you approximately 6 weeks before your registration expires. Click here for more information about registrant renewals.