Canadian Universities (UBC)

Canadian Universities (UBC)

Full Pharmacist Registration Process Overview (for UBC Student Pharmacists)

Eligibility Criteria

  1. Graduated from the pharmacy program at UBC in the same calendar year applying for Full Pharmacist registration*;
  2. Registered as a student pharmacist with the College; and
  3. Successfully completed all the required assessments listed below.

*If you do not register as a full pharmacist before December 31st of your graduating year, you must pre-register under the Canadian Universities (Non-UBC) category prior to being able to register as a Full Pharmacist. 


The following assessments must be successfully completed before applying for Full Pharmacist registration: 

  1. College of Pharmacists of BC Jurisprudence Exam
  2. Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Certification

Note: you will not have access to apply for Full Pharmacist registration online before successfully completing all the required assessments.

Application Process

To apply for Full Pharmacist registration, complete the following steps:

  1. Apply online through eServices
    1. Log onto your eServices account
    2. Click on the “Apply for Full Registration” button
    3. Review and complete the following information online regarding:
      1. Statutory Declaration 
      2. Letter(s) of Standing (if applicable)
      3. Confidentiality Undertaking
      4. Criminal Record Check Authorization
    4. Make payment with credit card online
  2. Mail the following documents to the College:
    1. Updated Letter of Standing (if applicable)
      • If you were required to submit Letters of Standing at the time of pre-registration over one year ago or at the time of registration as a student pharmacist, you must provide an updated Letter of Standing sent directly from your previous regulatory authority/ies. Provide a notarized affidavit (see sample affidavit template) if you are unable to provide an updated Letter of Standing.
    2. Updated notarized copy of evidence of your authorization to work in Canada (if applicable)
      • If your authorization to work has expired (i.e. updated work permit, updated PR card).

Once your application is complete, a notification email will be sent to the email address which you used to register for your eServices account. Ensure your email address under the “My Profile” tab on eServices is up-to-date.  Add the College’s email addresses to the Safe Sender List if necessary.